• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Disributors??? Anyone??

Reaction score
Hey all

I was just wondering if anyone new of any legitamite distributors?

I have serched and searched and only found scammer wholsalers who just take your money..the price is cheap the product good ...but the wholesaler(if it ever really existed)..very very bad...

I just wanted to find an honest supplier to do a little local business. I live in rural Alberta and apple is mainly US so my resources here are quite limited.

Any ideas??

Thanks
Kanuck564

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I think the only way to get apple computers would be from Apple. I would research through the apple site and see if they have any links for small business. If not I would call them and see if you can get the information from them.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
does future shop carry them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Hey all

I was just wondering if anyone new of any legitamite distributors?

I have serched and searched and only found scammer wholsalers who just take your money..the price is cheap the product good ...but the wholesaler(if it ever really existed)..very very bad...

I just wanted to find an honest supplier to do a little local business. I live in rural Alberta and apple is mainly US so my resources here are quite limited.

Any ideas??

Thanks
Kanuck564

wait, I think I am confused now... Do you want to start and Apple Dealer, or do you just want to buy one computer for yourself?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
wait, I think I am confused now... Do you want to start and Apple Dealer, or do you just want to buy one computer for yourself?
Yeah, although I could be wrong, I got the impression that the OP wanted to purchase a single computer at a wholesaler's price in an effort to save some cash.
If that is the case, it isn't going to happen.
Wholesaler's won't waste their time on a single unit sale to a private party. Wholesalers make their money by business from repeat business from retail outlets who order large quantity purchases.
A single unit sale to a private buyer won't get them a profit significant of putting on their books. They will make much more by keeping that unit available for a multi-piece sale to a retailer.

OP
Kanuck564
Reaction score
Just to clarify...I would like to become a small retailer in my humble little town.
Yes looking for wholesalers who aren't frauds..there's a million of them

And as far as just getting in contact with them...almost impossible,,,they are a corporate giant and protected by a thick communication veil...unless you have a computer problem getting in touch with them is very hard to do.

I want to make a little money...who doesn't.

I love the MacbookPros and think apple will eventually take out PC's, as users become more frustrated with microsoft's constant problems

Kanuck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.