SuperDrive Missing

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering if there is a way to install windows xp on a macbook pro that has not drive. I took this computer off of a friend who bought the newer 1.66 GHz processor (this one is the 1.33) and the drive doesn't work. I already have one exactly like this one that i use normally, but I want to make this one into a mostly windows computer for windows games and some software I bought that is windows only.

I reloaded the Mac OS X on this computer through target disk mode. Just wondering if anyone knew of how to do it with windows too.

Here is as far as I'm getting.

when I start my good computer (with superdrive, and MAC install disk int he drive) in TDM the drive shows up on this comp. and I open it and click the "Install MAC OS X" and everything works fine and dandy. But since I can't open any of the files on a windows xp cd I can't start an instal, and the drive shows up the same as when you open a .dmg, (the little white front loader disk icon) not as an actuall cd rom...sorry to take up so much space....

thanks in advance for any advice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.