120GB Apple TV for sale

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Remember folks - there's a chance Apple might prevent these "hacked" devices from working in the future, so unless you know enough to be able to hack it yourself to circumvent future issues, I'd stay away from this modification unless you know your stuff.

Having said that, if I had one, I'd be all over this...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong but if you were to buy this unit with the upgraded HDD the HDD would not be under warranty and its possible the whole units warranty would be voided through apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong but if you were to buy this unit with the upgraded HDD the HDD would not be under warranty and its possible the whole units warranty would be voided through apple.

This is correct, the warranty would be void after this modification just like any modification to any of apples products that are defined as "not user serviceable items"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
maybe I am just a negative person but I would not be comfortable paying $450 for a apple tv with no apple warranty.. it does come with a powermax 1 year warranty but who knows how good that could/would be.. another thing $150 extra for a apple tv with a HDD that is 80gb bigger? is it just me or is that WAY over priced 80gb HDD?

OP
L
Reaction score
Well PowerMax is a Apple Authorized reseller and service center, so it is our intention to provide comparable support to what you get from Apple. The difference is that the Apple TV has to come to PowerMax for service. It is still a little new and there could be risks from Apple changes like Aptmunich suggested. Thats why it is a little more money then a drive alone, to cover warranty expenses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I read an article, I think for Engadget, that mentioned the "non-functioning) USB port has already been hacked, so you can just connect and external disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.