Boot Camp is really driving me crazy!

Reaction score
i got really excited when the 1.2 version finally released and claims to support Vista offocially, but it didn't took me long to cool down.

boot camp needs to partition the disk and i was then told that my disk needs to be repaired, all right, let's repair the disk. After the disk-repairing was done, i started to partition again, after what it seemed a reeeeealy long time of waiting, the partition stoped right before the endline and says the system in the pic followed: YOU NEED TO FORMAT YOUR DISK AS A SINGLE DISK!

post-2-1175270510.png

Now i am backing up my system and hoping that i can finally install the Vista successfully.

Reaction score
Boot Camp needs a continuos space on the drive to be able to create a windows partition. If you install Boot Camp on a fresh Mac OS X install, there is no problem, and I imagine backing up and restoring back to the main drive will compact all files to the begining of the harddrive.
You could also use iDefrag to compact the data for you. It will however need to be run from a second drive, off a CD (buying the app lets you download CDmaker) or from another Mac in Firewire Targetdisk mode.
Cheers
Klaus

OP
aintor
Reaction score
Boot Camp needs a continuos space on the drive to be able to create a windows partition. If you install Boot Camp on a fresh Mac OS X install, there is no problem, and I imagine backing up and restoring back to the main drive will compact all files to the begining of the harddrive.
You could also use iDefrag to compact the data for you. It will however need to be run from a second drive, off a CD (buying the app lets you download CDmaker) or from another Mac in Firewire Targetdisk mode.
Cheers
Klaus

:black: Thanks a lot, Klaus. i reinstalled my Mac OS X and now i am posting the message under Vista, haha ~

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.