• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

all you gamers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
That's pretty cool. I don't game much, but I do like the fact that the Xbox 360 has an HDDVD add-on as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Yep and still no built in WiFi. The stand alone drive is 179.99!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Yeah but you still need to buy the HD DVD drive, thats 200. Oh wait, when I said standalone I meant hard drive, that 120GB drive goes for 179.99 by itself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh ok, I misunderstood. I was surprised by the $179 price tag, now I know why.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
heard about this round school. pretty kl. lv the black.

not really a console gamer tho.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I love my x360.. But I think the black kills it.. Black suited the original Xbox, but I think the white for the 360 is far superior, AND, it matches my future iBook (should be here in a few days).

The 120gb drive would be stellar.. I have the 20gb in mine and it's full already.. Demos.. Trailers.. Thank god for Connect360.

The only real reason I can see of getting this would be for the HDMI, but I run mine in high-def anyways, so I guess it wouldn't make much of a diff unless I had a plasma doing 1080i resolutions.

Also, the price tag for the hd alone is a bit much. I can just format a 250gb hdd to FAT32 and toss it in an USB enclosure to carry media with me.

The HD-DVD player would be nice too, but again, too pricy in my books. Or at least for my books.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i still can't play gran turismo on an xbox.

;)

OP
mikeyman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
i still can't play gran turismo on an xbox.

;)

maybe not, but theres project gotham instead.
and the ps3 GT isnt out yet so you will have to play ps2 number 4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.