• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Havent been here in a while.

Reaction score
hey guys. Well sad to say, my ibookg4 is not cutting it anymore. with only 40gb hard drive and 512mb of ram, i want to smash it lol. i go to resize a pic, and it freezes for like 2 minutes. i cant take it. after i get my canon 30d dslr, then im gonna work on getting a new laptop. i was thinking about a desktop, but i take my laptop everywhere so it would fit me better. now, when is leopard supposed to come out and stuff? what are they up to with the processors? quad core? what should we expect? thanks

btw, ill be getting a macbook pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
hey guys. Well sad to say, my ibookg4 is not cutting it anymore. with only 40gb hard drive and 512mb of ram, i want to smash it lol. i go to resize a pic, and it freezes for like 2 minutes. i cant take it. after i get my canon 30d dslr, then im gonna work on getting a new laptop. i was thinking about a desktop, but i take my laptop everywhere so it would fit me better. now, when is leopard supposed to come out and stuff? what are they up to with the processors? quad core? what should we expect? thanks

btw, ill be getting a macbook pro.

I'll answer your questions as best I can.
Leopard? Nobody knows.
Processors? Core2Duo
Quad Core? I don't know.
What to expect? Nobody knows.

OP
W
Reaction score
k, thanks. im gonna wait it out. for now ill have to live with my slow p.o.s

OP
W
Reaction score
i was thinking about just reloading it, but its such a pita cuz i have so much stuff on here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Hey WhiteYfz, perhaps a tune up might save the day? Try these steps:

First, check that your processor is running full speed. Go to Preferences, Energy Saver, Options and look at the drop box down near the bottom called Processor Performance. If it is not set to "Highest", set it to that right away. This maximizes performance, but for notebooks, it may run down the battery faster.

Next, download OnyX and run the complete set of clean up and maintenance scripts and then try again. Get OnyX at:

http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs/english.html

Finally, you may wish to check that you have enough free space on your hard drive. Highlight the Macintosh HD icon on your desktop, CTL-click it and select Get Info from the resulting menu. Make sure you have a reasonable amount of space left. If not, a little spring cleaning may be in order.

There are two excellent apps for showing where all of your hard disk space has gone, Disk Inventory X and WhatSize. Get them at:

Disk Inventory X: http://www.derlien.com

WhatSize: http://www.id-design.com/software/whatsize

Both do a great job at letting you zero in on your largest disk space consumers, so that you can hunt down any rogue files.

Do the OnyX thing first, then restart and try out one or both of the above tools. By the way, all three are freeware!

OP
W
Reaction score
well im about to run out the door, but i set it to highest, and i have 5.6 gigs free. thats not much lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.