Can't play music in Front View

Reaction score
Hi,

I just recently switched to the world of Apple by getting a MBP. I want to be able to play my music on the system via FrontView (great conveinence when trying to feed your kid). I have the music being shared via network connection on my Linux Box. In iTunes, the music plays fine, but when I try to run it via Front View, it won't work. Why won't it work in Front View but will play fine via iTunes? Any help would be appreciated. So far the Mac experience has been great, this is the first thing that I can't figure out with it.

Derrick

Reaction score
It's Front Row, but don't sweat it :).

The thing is that iTunes and Front Row both use the QuickTime layer of OS X to playback media. The problem is that Front Row only recently got functionality to access other iTunes libraries, but not other libraries.

In fact, I'm curious to know how you managed to share music off the Linux box.

OP
Derrick
Reaction score
Basically, I just set up a Samba share of my drive that had the music, found it in Network on the Add Files to Library, and voila!

So, is there no way then to play iTunes music through Front Row?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.