Should I install Windows?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMAC G4 dual1.25gb RAM,160gb HD,250 external HD,ibook G4, 24"iMacIntelCore2Duo,2gb ram, macmini
Hi All,

I bought a 24" intel imac specifically so I could put windows on it. Personally, I hate windows and have had it sitting in the box for a while. I bought Parallels. I just thought that I might need windows some time. I am creating my first website and if I am right, it could help to check on both platforms. I am too new to creating websites. I think I will also put AutoCad on it since they don't have AutoCad for macs. Should I install Windows? Is it safe? By that I mean it isn't going to make my computer mess up is it? God, I hate windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I bought a 24" intel imac specifically so I could put windows on it.
I know this is out of context and isn't exactly your case:black: ...but, quite honestly.... this is one of the absolute worst reasons to buy a Mac in my opinion.
Personally, I hate windows and have had it sitting in the box for a while. I bought Parallels. I just thought that I might need windows some time. .....Should I install Windows? God, I hate windows.
You have had it "sitting in the box for a while". I would take that as you haven't needed it up to this point. You don't like Windows and I am assuiming that you prefer your Mac. If you haven't used it up to this point, I see no reason for you to install Windows now. You thought you might need it, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Don't bother.

OP
soul60s
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMAC G4 dual1.25gb RAM,160gb HD,250 external HD,ibook G4, 24"iMacIntelCore2Duo,2gb ram, macmini
Even though I am new at websites, I have a commercial one I am working on right now for a restaurant. So I would think that I would need it to check on a windows platform, right? There is also some software I want to get that isn't for a mac platform, like AutoCad.

OP
soul60s
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have just been very nervous about putting Windows on my mac. My mac is my baby. I wasn't sure how things would turn out. That is why I asked people who have experienced it or know someone who has.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I just recently switched to Mac and bought a Powerbook pro. I have installed paralles and windows. I have to use it to use internet explorer to access my bank and MLS. I works great. I don't leave it running though. I use it and get out for fears of attacks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Make sure you get and use all that security software!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz 2GB Ram
You should have no problems. I use parallels and XP for pc applications and it works well. I use IE to access my companie's web site but use Safari for surfing.

Like dakineyj said make sure you have virus protection for IE

I wouldn't have been able to justify buying my MBP if I couldn't use Windows for work. I found that Parallels works just as it promised

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
Once you install it, I'd recommend installing Avast. It's a free virus protection program.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.