PDA

View Full Version : I just wanna say...

The Turtle!
03-22-2007, 03:18 PM
It blows my mind how freakin' helpful everyone on this forum is I never see your typical "SEARCH NOOB!" or "THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN ASKED LOCK THIS!" I find it amazing how helpful everyone on here really is and how you can ask a question (no matter how "dumb" the question may be) and before you know it not only is it answered but helpfully and from a few different perspectives...MAN I LOVE THIS PLACE! lol

kman445
03-22-2007, 03:26 PM
i agree. This is most defientantly the best forum i have ever been a member of. I neer see flam wars or anything. its so peaceful :)

cheesybanana
03-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Well, I did receive a pretty sarcastic search reply once...but other than that, it has been a pleasure here.

mac57
03-22-2007, 04:02 PM
We should all thank each other. WE are Mac Forums. As long as we are all pleasant and helpful to each other, Mac Forums is a great place to be. So I say to you...

Keep up the great work!

voiceofra
03-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Welcome, n00b!
Sorry, couldn't help myself. :p
I visit a lot of mac-centric forums and yeah, I've noticed mac-forums is extremely friendly and helpful by comparison.
There seem to be a lot more switchers that hang out here than in other forums, too - the lack of hostility toward Windows users probably has a lot to do with that.

surfwax95
03-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Search, noob.

We've already had this topic.

The Turtle!
03-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Search, noob.

hahaha thanks!

Kash
03-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Search, noob.

Beat me to it :bomb:

I also agree that this place is very helpful. There are only a small handful of forums out there with such a great member base. :black:

ToddG
03-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Please do a search, many people have already thanked the forum.

Mods, please lock this thread.

edit: grumble, surfwax beat me to it

johntalin
03-28-2007, 05:18 AM
How can you be in a foul mood after you touch your fun machine (Mac)?

christm
03-28-2007, 01:28 PM
yh everyone is very helpful to everyone else - lets keep it that way. :D

giulio
03-28-2007, 02:00 PM
It blows my mind how freakin' helpful everyone on this forum is I never see your typical "SEARCH NOOB!" or "THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN ASKED LOCK THIS!" I find it amazing how helpful everyone on here really is and how you can ask a question (no matter how "dumb" the question may be) and before you know it not only is it answered but helpfully and from a few different perspectives...MAN I LOVE THIS PLACE! lol

It's only because stupid questions from stupid people make the rest of us feel smart for a few seconds. Then reality sets in as we ask our own stupid questions in the very next thread.

"Remember kids. There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people."
- Mr. Garrison

TheCustomer99
03-28-2007, 02:58 PM
We should all thank each other. WE are Mac Forums. As long as we are all pleasant and helpful to each other, Mac Forums is a great place to be. So I say to you...

Keep up the great work!

Yes Mac-Forums is a great "unit." I put unit in quotes because I'm referring to the "Apologize" thread, if anyone remembers that. But seriously, this is a great forum with great members.

MacHeadCase
03-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Oh no!... The unit... :o

Good one, Customer!

eric
03-28-2007, 10:23 PM
i think customer owes us all an apology. ;)

iKitten
04-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Thank you, customer99, MHC and eric! I would never have found that thread if y'all hadn't mentioned it.

By the way, eric, I hope you see imitation as a form of flattery!? I missed the quote too much after you changed your sig.

RiDE
04-06-2007, 10:20 PM
This thread is a over a WEEK old you n00b.... lock this!!!!
Windows SUCKS!!!
Apologize to the "unit" iKitten!!!!

:D:D:D:D

iKitten
04-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Yes, yes, I'm a newbie. It takes a while to find these threads, ya know? That said, I 'apologize.' *giggle* :flower:

eric
04-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Thank you, customer99, MHC and eric! I would never have found that thread if y'all hadn't mentioned it.

By the way, eric, I hope you see imitation as a form of flattery!? I missed the quote too much after you changed your sig.

go for it! i don't notice them normally anyway since i have signatures turned off (makes reading the forums a lot easier and more work friendly). eighty of you could have "eric loves windows" in your sigs, and i'd have no idea. ;)

iKitten
04-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Oh, and, RIDE, just to show how 'n00b,' it took until this week for me to figure out what "Get New" meant! (Haven't frequented forums of ANY kind before this... that's a gen-u-ine newbie for ya)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/180/414308857_2c40acd8ed_o.gif

RiDE
04-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Awesome! The "Get New" is really the only view I look at anymore, I really never go directly to a specific sub forum... it's all "get new" for me...

HINT: CONTROL+2 is the Keyboard shortcut for "Get New" :D

Stretch
04-07-2007, 01:01 AM
+1 for get new.

iKitten
04-07-2007, 01:14 AM
I don't have a Mac yet... am trying to learn all I can beforehand so I don't start any of these "Heeeeelp Meee" threads! Maybe someday I'll know as much as you, RIDE. Then I'll be a Ctrl+2 only type of girl! http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/05.gif

bobtomay
04-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Awesome! The "Get New" is really the only view I look at anymore, I really never go directly to a specific sub forum... it's all "get new" for me...

HINT: CONTROL+2 is the Keyboard shortcut for "Get New" :D

TEW KEWL - It doesn't do that for me cause I use Opera. But the newest Opera update has a feature called Speed Dial, where you open a new tab, it has 9 slots that you can put a different web page in - so when you open a new tab you auto get a refresh of the 9 sites you have there - tried that CONTROL+# and in Opera it auto opens in a new tab the site you have in that position - perty neato

MacHeadCase
04-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Yeah, Pulse had a couple of weeks ago all these nifty keyboard shortcuts for Safari in his sig that would interact with M-F. That shortcut was one of them.

RiDE
04-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Pulse-8 had ALL the Forum shortcuts in his signature, but they are no longer there....

The shortcuts are built-in to the forum code...

MacMania55
04-07-2007, 02:36 PM
This is a great forum thanks for commenting!