Mac file extension

W

whykikamoocow

I think I stuffed up. I have downloaded Adobe Photoshop for Mac osx to my PC, and transported to my daughters Imac. I then ran Stuffit deluxe on the .sit file which when expanded blew out to approx 600Meg. Numerous files some 200 Meg and all with the extension rsrc including the installer which itself is 5 Meg. When I double click the adobe install.rsrc I get asked what the file is to be associated with
Does this make any sense to any one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I deleted your other post...no double posting

There should be another install file that is an installer package....the .rsrc is not an actually installing file

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
The other problem is that you are installing downloaded software.. if it has been downloaded from Adobe then it should work. If you are downloading off of a filesharing program, then that is illegal and you're lucky you didnt get some type of virus loaded on your computer. People love to create a virus, rename it to a program's installer, then have people download it, thinking they are downloading.. say Photoshop, and run the installer and bam.. their computer goes caput. If you are going to go that route, be very very careful, and installers for OS X just work.. you don't have problems like you are having, which means either A) you downloaded OS 9 Photoshop and you are on OS X or B) the files are corrupted or C) the parts of the files have been separated somehow or D) all of the above or none of the above :)

Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.