• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I am 100% Mac now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
I started off with my iBook G3. I had enough with my PC and sold it. Then I bought a Digital Audio PowerMac on ebay. It just came in today and I was surprised with how fast it was. Its updating to 10.4.9 right now, so im using the iBook. I've heard alot of gripes about it but Im not worried because its a clean install and I have nothing installed or plugged into it.

It came with one of the older clear Apple Pro Keyboards. I like the two USB ports on the side but the cable is WAY too short...

Now its time to get a 1.5GHZ Upgrade chip. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
100% Mac...that's a great place to be. I'm headed that way too. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal and the upgrade will make it even better. Good feeling isn't it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
i'm glad to see another person that has switched to mac !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook C2D 2GHz 1GB Ram 80GB HD
Congrats! I will be 50% Mac, at least, when my MacBook arrives. I can't go 100% OS X until SolidWorks ports their software, which will probably be close to never. I envy you!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Great! Glad you got the DA. Have fun upgrading it. Hard Drive wise you can slap any 120 GB IDE in but if you want larger, get a PCI IED controller card.

OP
iBeldar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
100% Mac...that's a great place to be. I'm headed that way too. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal and the upgrade will make it even better. Good feeling isn't it?

Great feeling. My iBook was too slow to enjoy the OS. Like I said, this thing BLAZES. My boss will be proud lol. She plays WoW on her PowerMac G4 alot.

And Zero, thats why you trash that PC and get Windows XP for the MacBook. Or Windows Vista if you like
V-iruses
I-ntruders
S-pyware
T-rojans
A-dware

I wish I had a MacBook... my time will come.

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 ghz C2D 4 GB RAM
i tried doing the 100% mac thing, but found it completely impossible to function if doing anything besides day to day things on the computer. i'm a CIS major. so i have an iBook parked next to my XP pro PC, and it's working really well for me. i now have the best of both worlds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
im 99% mac, the only time i use a pc is at school or if i have a program that is windows only. For example "pro desktop" which my school provides students with.

When i first got my mac i was the other way round because of no alcatel 330 intel drivers, wasnt impressed. Had to fork out £60 for a wifi kit and give my bro a card :(
hes 18 and i was 15 and had to buy his wifi card? whats up with that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz, Macbook Intel Core Duo 1.86ghz
Selling my desktop 23rd april, then im gettin mac pro and ill be 100% mac pro! My productivity will increase 10-fold!

Tak

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro dual core Duo 2/G4 server
it's rather unfortunate that my life has boiled down to playing with macs and VW's.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I do most of my work on my Macbook and use my desktop PC for stuff like gaming, watching videos (it has a bigger monitor than my Macbook), and storage (it has 718GB of hard drive space, something my Mac's 120GB can't compare to).

I have no real reason to switch my desktop to a Mac :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I do most of my work on my Macbook and use my desktop PC for stuff like gaming, watching videos (it has a bigger monitor than my Macbook), and storage (it has 718GB of hard drive space, something my Mac's 120GB can't compare to).

I have no real reason to switch my desktop to a Mac :black:

I'm with you Kash. I use my desktop for gaming, videos, and storage, it does nothing else. My macbook is my real center of productivity :mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.