• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I didn't know this...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
If you Google your forum name you'll get a list of your posts. Don't get the idea that your posts on any forum are limited to viewing only on that forum. Nope, they are for anyone to read...that is, if they know your forum name.

M

MacHeadCase

The day I discovered that, I found out that those internet crawlers and spiders and googlebots go to a lot of places. Yeouch! :eek:

Reaction score
Try googling on your real name. That can be quite entertaining in a sad I-really-need-to-get-out-more sort of way.

Reaction score
I googled my username and lucky for me it's so common there is very little of my activity here on display.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I googled mine and found myself taking in another language... another hidden talent I guess :)

Reaction score
I discovered all these business ventures that have been going on behind my back for heaven knows how long and no-one bothered to tell me I was the mastermind behind them all ....

Reaction score
I find that if I google my real name, google somehow manages to turn up the same people it does if I change or drop a letter from my surname ... so I don't trust doing that ....

eg: Say my name is Craig Johnston ... it will show up a craig Johnson but add that 't' somehow and I'm not sure why ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
wow i only had ten pages worth of posts over my forums career lol.

Reaction score
I'm an author, so my real name brings up a lot of links to me. But I also discovered another me, living on the south coast of England. We exchanged emails, phone numbers, addresses, eventually clothes. We now swap lives at weekends and bank holidays. I don't think my wife suspects, but the lady in the newsagents knows, I'm sure. I'm uncertain which life I like best. Disturbingly, it might be the bit inbetween, where the points on the railway tracks change, where day meets night, where music becomes noise.

OP
Carol247
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I found I'm also 27 years old too with a very interesting blog spot (getting around pretty good for a grandma)! But I was really there too with a few posts. I wonder what makes certain posts show up and not others?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
It seems that I'm now an 18 year old girl. Interestingly, she has the same first initial and surname as me, which is presumably where the inspiration for the name came from.

Possibly more oddly, my Digg profile is at the top. I haven't posted to that for a loooooong time.

Reaction score
Apparently I'm an Asian hip-hop/r'n'b star from the north of Switzerland.

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 ghz C2D 4 GB RAM
during my forum extravaganza days back when i was into cell development, i would come up with dozens of pages of posts by me. i'd also come up with posts of people referring to me on other forums. it was intense. now i just stick to car forums, OT, and lurking on here with the occasional post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I just put my username in Google images and it came up with some of our users avatars, but not mine...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
lol i just did that now also

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
I put mine in Google and it come up with.................well, MUDCRABS..funny that:spook:
But the sixth one down is my message wonderful board:bushman: :bushman:

OP
Carol247
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Strange how the searches can be so selective! I'm reading the Google story now and it's very interesting how they page ranked searches from the beginning. Makes relevant and most- clicked-on pages appear at the top.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
My name is a way too common word for me to show up in the first several pages.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I googled my name and the next day, the feds came to my door.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.