Digital camera not showing up on desktop

Reaction score
My digital camera is not showing up as a removable drive on my desktop -- iPhoto and Image Capture both recognize my camera, and it's properly plugged in. Is there any way to make my mac recognize it as a drive? Thanks so much for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Some cameras simply won't show up as a disk like that.
There really isn't anything that can be done about it.
As long as you are able to transfer your photos via Image Capture or iPhoto then it is working properly.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What camera is this? Some have an option in their set up menu to use them as a drive and then they will show up. Make and Model please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Canon is one of the brands that will rarely, if ever, show up as a disk on the desktop.
Everything seems to be working for you though, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about. :black:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed with DB, Many Canon models will not show up as a drive. Only way is with Canon's software I am told. Sorry I could not help you more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.