XP trackpad issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch
So i finally got XP running, and it runs rather well too. But my problem is that now i have no ability to right click (ctrl click doesn't do anything) nor can i tap to click, while in XP. How do i enable these functions?

Also another strange problem is that my clock gets set back 5 hours or so every time i switch back to OSX from XP.

Reaction score
G'day cherry, I had a squiz around and found the following quote with links included:

Problems arose when I tried right-clicking on my MBP's trackpad. There's no right-click on the trackpad since Apple still believes in the one-button approach. On Apple's Boot Camp discussion board, I found a small app called applemouse that allows you to use the control key to toggle a right-click. If you want, using a standard USB three-button mouse without applemouse works fine also.

I hope this works things out for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Did you burn the drivers CD during the Boot Camp setup wizard? If so, did you install it in Windows?

The CD is necessary to get all your Apple hardware working as it's supposed to in Windows. When I had Windows installed via Boot Camp, I could right-click exactly how I did in OS X, but double-tapping (i.e. using two fingers). However, this was only possible after installing the drivers from the CD that I created when running Boot Camp.

If you haven't done so already, I suggest booting back into OS X, running the Boot Camp Utility, and burning that CD of drivers.

OP
cherry
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G'day cherry, I had a squiz around and found the following quote with links included:

I hope this works things out for you.

Thx i am using this now. I wish it enabled scroll and tapping too, but at least i can rightclick. :black:

Did you burn the drivers CD during the Boot Camp setup wizard? If so, did you install it in Windows?

The CD is necessary to get all your Apple hardware working as it's supposed to in Windows. When I had Windows installed via Boot Camp, I could right-click exactly how I did in OS X, but double-tapping (i.e. using two fingers). However, this was only possible after installing the drivers from the CD that I created when running Boot Camp.

If you haven't done so already, I suggest booting back into OS X, running the Boot Camp Utility, and burning that CD of drivers.

I followed the directions the first time, i made the mac drivers CD and installed it, but it didn't broaden my mouse options as much as i expected it to. :(

OP
cherry
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've gotten past the trackpad annoyances by switching to usb mouse. But the clock problem is still really annoying every time i switch. Is this a common problem when switching between XP and OSX?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.