PDA

View Full Version : jpeg to MAC

maverick911
03-14-2007, 03:31 PM
I have sent jpeg images from a Windows PC to a friend with a MAC but she can't open them? Can somebody help with this please?

Odin_aa
03-14-2007, 03:45 PM
I have never had a problem, have her check the filename...or more specifically the extension of the file.

What application is she trying to open it in?

D3v1L80Y
03-14-2007, 03:53 PM
I have sent jpeg images from a Windows PC to a friend with a MAC but she can't open them? Can somebody help with this please?Well, a Media Access Controller (MAC (http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/M/MAC_address.html), in all caps) can't open .jpg files no matter what machine you are trying it on. :black: ;)

However, .jpg files are cross platform which means that both Windows and Mac (http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/M/MAC.html) users should be able to view them. What we will need to know is:
+ How were the images created (what software was used)?
+ How were they sent to the Mac user (email, IM, CD, etc)?
+ How is the Mac user trying to view them (what applications)?

Bill_Gates
03-14-2007, 03:53 PM
the mac shouldn't have any issues with a .jpeg... but some additional information about the problem should help track down the solution.

How did you send the pictures?

Email? Instant message?

CreativeGuy
03-15-2007, 12:53 AM
Make sure the extension is .jpg and not .jpeg, tell her to open them with Preview in her applications folder, or drag them to an open browser window.

mac57
03-15-2007, 09:52 AM
How is she trying to open them? Is it possible that the magic ".jpg" is missing? Also, instead of double clicking to open the image, try opening Preview manually and using its Open dialog to select the image and open it. That should work if the file's contents are intact. If not, you may be corrupting the file somehow in the transfer process.

gin8u
03-26-2007, 05:31 PM
i don't know if its too late to say something.. but you may also want to check the "Ownership & Permissions".
to do so right click any file (a JPEG in your case) then go to "Get Info". A narrow window will pop-up. At the bottom of it you will see "Ownership and Permissions" make sure it says "Read & Write".