PDA

View Full Version : help with a Canon SD600

westo_2000
03-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I received a used SD-600 from my brother. I love it - the picture quality is great for my needs, and when I plug it into the mac, iPhoto imports the pics automatically. sweet! but... i can't for the life of me figure out how to get the videos off the camera and onto the computer.

I've been searching around for information without luck. Do I need software? I visited the Canon site and don't see anything that would be obvious.

any help is greatly appreciated!

paul

Dimitri
03-14-2007, 10:25 AM
What version of iPhoto are you using? Mine takes the videos right along with the pictures. Otherwise, the videos should still be on the camera/memory card. Normally, this mounts as a drive on your desktop and you can dig into it and find the videos and just copy them over manually.

westo_2000
03-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the reply, Dimitri. I am using iPhoto 4.0.3, but frustratingly it doesn't pull the videos. They don't get deleted upon upload with the rest of the photos at least, and they're accumulating on my camera. I also thought the camera would show up as a drive, but it doesn't seem to show up at all except on iPhoto. I'm stumped.

Dimitri
03-15-2007, 06:21 PM
I use iPhoto6 which has this capability. Alternately, you could mount the SD card as a drive using Disk Utility.

westo_2000
03-20-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm going to spring for the upgrade in iLife. Thanks!

Paul