Azureus and Port Settings Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
So I was having trouble getting my version of BitTorrent to work with some of the downloads I was working on. As a result I switched over to Azureus. During the setup process I realized that I am completely lost when it comes to setting up the TCP Port such that it will work with my airport extreme and allow me to start my downloads. As it stands now I am completely unable to to connect to anyone or start any downloads. Can anyone help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: MacBook Intel CD 2GHz, 2G, 120G (White)
im using port 51713 also tick encryption RC4 level some ISP's block BT :radioacti hope this helps..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
good port choices

Hope this answers your question

Also some providers do not support torrents as Jakee said, there is a list on that site of ISP's of that nature

OP
NolaWegs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
Thanx for the help. I've looked through the wiki page, and set things up as best I can. The problem I am now having is that my ISP does not work with a static IP. Is there anyway that I can still make Azureus work using a dynamic? It does seem as if this will work, but I may be reading the page wrong. All help is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I dont understand this techincal 'jargon' tbh

my knowledge finishes at port forwarding
have you checked your tcp settings on your router?
if it downloads at lyk 50kbs + its okay as well, it speeds up the more you seed

There are other torrent handlers you can consider
frostwire
transmission
bittorrent

Be careful when setting these up, dont leave any ports open for ATTACK!

Reaction score
Alright, the Static IP isn't needed from your ISP, you just need to set up a static IP within your home network. I'm a new switcher and don't know how to set a static IP on a mac yet. BUT since my wireless router (Dlink DI-624) supports UPnP I just enable UPnP and everytime my computer gets a new IP address from my router, the UPnP tells the router to forward whichever port(s) i'm using to my Dynamic IP address.

Apples variant of UPnP is called NAT-PMP, to enable this open azureus, go to preferences, on the left expand Plugins, then expand UPnP and there is NAT-PMP, hit that little check box to enable it and make sure you have NAT-PMP enabled on your airport extreme.

My azureus is currently downloading at 192.3 kB/s and was at 250+kB/s ealier today and i haven't set a static IP, just using UPnP for now till I figure out how to set the static IP on my macbook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.