Cannot Install MSN Messanger Update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook - 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM
Got my first Mac yesterday (Ibook) and I wipped everything clean and doing fresh installs of all the software. When I installed Office it comes with Messanger and when I tried to open messanger it said there is a new update I have to install before I can use it. So I go to install and it says downloading update, that gets 100% then all a sudden Toast opens up and says "Messanger.bin is not a valid .bin or .cue file."

When I press OK, Toast is opened up and I have to search for a .cue file to drag into the box...

any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini & MB Pro
I'm a recent switch as well and instead of using messenger, I opted to use a program called "Adium". Do a google search for it. It allows you to use all the chat type stuff like AOL, MSN, etc.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2.0GHz CD | 2GB RAM | 80GB HDD | SuperDrive | iPod 3G 20GB
I had the same problem, your best bet is to just uninstall the version you have, then get the new version direct from Microsoft's site here: Microsoft Messenger for Mac 6.0.2

It's better to use aMSN though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i use either aMSN or Adium.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.