Right click + windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Macbook, 30 gig black ipod, 1 gig black nano, 2 gig blue nano
I've got a macbook with bootcamp/xp.

I rarely run windows, and when I do, it's only to do something that's easier or I can't get to work with tiger, and it's just less work to reboot ...

Anywho, I can not figure out how to right click when I'm running windows. I have an external mouse, somewhere ... I don't like it, though. It annoys my wrist, and I always just use my thums on the trackpad and barely move my fingers from the keyboard.

ctrl+click doesn't work with xp. I tried it like 11 times. I'm assuming that if I used my external mouse, I'd be able to right click, but I don't want to always have it with me "just in case..."

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33GHz, 3GB RAM, 250GB HDD, OS X Leopard
Thats a good question. Another thing is what about the Control key. I heard Macs dont have the Control key but that really is needed in Windows, so what key replaces that exactly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
two fingers on the touchpad + click = right-click. :)

OP
onecrazycowgirl
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Macbook, 30 gig black ipod, 1 gig black nano, 2 gig blue nano
Thats a good question. Another thing is what about the Control key. I heard Macs dont have the Control key but that really is needed in Windows, so what key replaces that exactly?

I dunno about most people, but I use ctrl+click to right click. I can't imagine a mac without it. Ctrl is probably one of my more worn keys. :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

"I heard such and such", always a good line :spook:

Macs DO have a Control key, it's right there next to the Alt/Option key. So in Windows, you can use the Ctrl and Alt keys as usual.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.