• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple store, Regent Street

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" imac, standard apart from 256Mb VRAM
As I was working just round the corner, I thought I'd pop in for some apple goodness, and to have a little look at what they had to offer.

MAN! WHAT A SHOP!!!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Lucky for me, the only thing I walked out with was a mains-usb power supply, but it could have been much worse. I walked round for a while until I asked someone where the tills were, only to have them whip out a pdq machine and say "I can do it here" :)

Also, wierdly, I had a chat with one lad that works there, about the apple tv Vs airport express for my application, and he persuaded me to spend less on the airport express. Something's wrong, salesmen aren't supposed to sell you what you need if there is a more expensive alternative, are they?

I can't go there again. It's too dangerous :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Apple employees here in colorado don't get paid commission.. if thats the case at the store you went to then I can see them selling you what you need and not what costs the most.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Apple Store employees aren't paid on commission anywhere as far as I know, which is why I don't mind stopping by just to look around. You don't have to worry about someone breathing down your neck or trying to upsell you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
I love the Regent Street store. Could spend all day in there.
I agree about the sales though. Went in a few weeks back and just chatted to one of the guys for nearly an hour without buying anything.
Great place to be! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.