• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iTunes and mpeg4 troubles?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
Alright so lately I have taken to mediafork and started converting my DVD library to mpeg4 files so I can play them in iTunes and eventually through an appleTV or mac mini through an LCD. My problem here, ill try to best desrcibe it, is that when I rip a DVD using mediafork, I put it into iTunes, then go to imdb.com, save the cover, get info on the file, and add that image as the cover, OK? Well that works fine, but I have about 4 movies (or did) that I got from a freind that were already ripped as an .avi file. I then used VisualHub to convert them to .mp4 and they worked fine, UNTIL I added them to iTunes and tried to do anything. change the file name, change the cover, etc... iTunes would just freeze up and I would have to force quit, then next time I tried to view the movie, it is just all green, has no sound, and wont play in divx player, itunes, or quicktime pro...?!?!? Has anyone else had this problem? If so how can I fix it? Is it possible I need to change some settings in Visual Hub?

Please help, Thanks.... Mike

OP
ste6168
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
anyone? is the post too long that no one will read it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.