Windows on Ibook ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook - 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM
I have a G4, 1.33ghz, 1GB Ram Ibook. Is it possible to get windows xp on my laptop? I heard with virtual pc its possible, but ran slow. How slow is slow? I mean is it so slow you cannot run it? Are there any other options?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
VPC is extremely slow. Slow enough that you can't do any serious work with it. Its the only option to get Windows on an iBook. VPC really shouldn't be considered an option to run Windows on a pre-intel Mac.

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook - 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM
what about Darwine/WINE (PowerPC or Intel)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I don't have a problem with VPC, it works fine for the occasional website that doesn't work on Mac - or the need to open Word files, etc.

I wouldn't recommend doing anything extensive within XP on VPC, but it works fine for the small things.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Virtual PC has to emulate an X86 processor in order to get Windows to work, which is why it runs so slow.

Since WINE emulates Windows APIs and not a processor, you wouldn't be able to get it to work natively on a PowerPC based Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
VPC is slow but depending on what you are doing with it it's ok. I only use it for Microsoft Money and like someone else said the occasional website that only works with IE. It kind of reminds me of about a Pentium 3 running Windows - slow but it does work. You wouldn't want to try gaming

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Another thing VPC did for me was drain my battery and that is why I went ahead and purchased my MacBook Pro and Parallels.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.