Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13'' 2ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 gig of ram, 6x Superdrive
If You could buy either one, would you buy a PS3 or an iPhone

They DO cost about the same.

What do you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
iPhone, its actually good for something. I already have a PS3, just without a Blu-ray drive, its called an xBox 360.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
Uh.. you're compareing 2 completly differnt products here.

Still, iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
To be honest, I'd buy neither. The PS3 is just plain garbage, and the iPhone has yet to prove itself to me as my current PocketPC phone can do essentially everything the iPhone can, at a fraction of the cost. Plus, both are ridiculously overpriced.

Also, this isn't really a logical poll. If the question is if we had $600 to blow, which would we choose, then fine. But if it's more of a comparison between which is a better value for the money, then you're comparing apples to oranges as they really have nothing to do with each other.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lime Green iMac G3 64mb ram, 20gb hdd, 400mhz G3 processor
Don't hate me for this one but both products are overrated. Phones are made for talking, games systems are made for gaming. As we have all seen on shows like the Late Show both products get picked on becuase they do/have everything except the kitchen sink and cleaning the dishes. You if want the feature of an iphone get a Blackberry they are more professional and are compatible with most service providers. If you want all the features of a PS3 get a Desktop with a Blu-Ray drive and Bluetooth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Uh.. you're compareing 2 completly differnt products here.

To be honest, I'd buy neither.
...Also, this isn't really a logical poll.

Don't hate me for this one but both products are overrated.
I agree with all three of you.
This poll really makes no sense... and both of the products are extremely overrated and hyped, not to mention far too expensive for what little they offer at that price. Neither has a good ROI.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I agree it's a strange topic for a poll but I'm guessing that Macbooker15, like myself, wants both of these but can only justify getting one or the other.

I never liked the original Xbox and much prefered my PS2 so if I'm going to even bother with a next gen console it'll be the PS3. Obviously I also want an iphone and would probably get more day-to-day use out of it but the decision gets harder when you consider the life-span of a phone compared to a console. Then you need to consider that the iphone is "more" than most phones and being such an amazing ipod it's life-span grows. I'm really not sure which I'd pick if given the choice.

Edit: And this is my [xbox]360th post. Oooh, spooky sign....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
I never liked the original Xbox and much prefered my PS2 so if I'm going to even bother with a next gen console it'll be the PS3.

That logic doesn't really make as much sense as you may think. Have you played both systems? I think you ought to give both system a chance before you drop that extra $200-$300 on the PS3. In the opinion of myself and many others, the Xbox 360 is a better system. I was also a bigger fan of the PS2 than the original Xbox, but times have changed. The only reason I would get a PS3 is if I was into games like Final Fantasy and those other Japanese RPGs, which I am not, at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Yea I voted for iPhone mainly because if I had to it would be an iPhone but I'm getting neither like what has been said both too much and over rated so I'll stick with my Xbox 360 and my crappy Nokia Clamshell.

Maybe further down the line if there is a price drop but not right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well, the PS3 will probably last you longer... the iPhone will probably see a product revision cycle similar to the iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
well i dont think i will buy either buy if i had to the iphone as i think the ps3 isnt really must difference to the ps2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
well i dont think i will buy either buy if i had to the iphone as i think the ps3 isnt really must difference to the ps2.

Well there is a difference the PAL PS2 can play PS2 Games the European PS3 can't :p

There is some big difference for the PS3 and that's it's equivalent of Xbox Live which is very standard and instead taking a jump they are still lagging behind in that area.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.