View Full Version : iPhone vs. PS3

Macbooker15
03-05-2007, 10:35 PM
If You could buy either one, would you buy a PS3 or an iPhone

They DO cost about the same.

What do you think?

Stretch
03-05-2007, 10:49 PM
iPhone, its actually good for something. I already have a PS3, just without a Blu-ray drive, its called an xBox 360.

Cassifire
03-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Uh.. you're compareing 2 completly differnt products here.

Still, iPhone.

Kash
03-05-2007, 11:08 PM
To be honest, I'd buy neither. The PS3 is just plain garbage, and the iPhone has yet to prove itself to me as my current PocketPC phone can do essentially everything the iPhone can, at a fraction of the cost. Plus, both are ridiculously overpriced.

Also, this isn't really a logical poll. If the question is if we had $600 to blow, which would we choose, then fine. But if it's more of a comparison between which is a better value for the money, then you're comparing apples to oranges as they really have nothing to do with each other.

viridian
03-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Don't hate me for this one but both products are overrated. Phones are made for talking, games systems are made for gaming. As we have all seen on shows like the Late Show both products get picked on becuase they do/have everything except the kitchen sink and cleaning the dishes. You if want the feature of an iphone get a Blackberry they are more professional and are compatible with most service providers. If you want all the features of a PS3 get a Desktop with a Blu-Ray drive and Bluetooth.

D3v1L80Y
03-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Uh.. you're compareing 2 completly differnt products here.

To be honest, I'd buy neither.
...Also, this isn't really a logical poll.

Don't hate me for this one but both products are overrated.
I agree with all three of you.
This poll really makes no sense... and both of the products are extremely overrated and hyped, not to mention far too expensive for what little they offer at that price. Neither has a good ROI.

moss918
03-06-2007, 04:27 AM
I agree it's a strange topic for a poll but I'm guessing that Macbooker15, like myself, wants both of these but can only justify getting one or the other.

I never liked the original Xbox and much prefered my PS2 so if I'm going to even bother with a next gen console it'll be the PS3. Obviously I also want an iphone and would probably get more day-to-day use out of it but the decision gets harder when you consider the life-span of a phone compared to a console. Then you need to consider that the iphone is "more" than most phones and being such an amazing ipod it's life-span grows. I'm really not sure which I'd pick if given the choice.

Edit: And this is my [xbox]360th post. Oooh, spooky sign....

WasabiTaylor
03-06-2007, 01:44 PM
I never liked the original Xbox and much prefered my PS2 so if I'm going to even bother with a next gen console it'll be the PS3.

That logic doesn't really make as much sense as you may think. Have you played both systems? I think you ought to give both system a chance before you drop that extra $200-$300 on the PS3. In the opinion of myself and many others, the Xbox 360 is a better system. I was also a bigger fan of the PS2 than the original Xbox, but times have changed. The only reason I would get a PS3 is if I was into games like Final Fantasy and those other Japanese RPGs, which I am not, at all.

BIG D 04
03-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Yea I voted for iPhone mainly because if I had to it would be an iPhone but I'm getting neither like what has been said both too much and over rated so I'll stick with my Xbox 360 and my crappy Nokia Clamshell.

Maybe further down the line if there is a price drop but not right now.

Aptmunich
03-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Well, the PS3 will probably last you longer... the iPhone will probably see a product revision cycle similar to the iPod.

christm
03-06-2007, 03:14 PM
well i dont think i will buy either buy if i had to the iphone as i think the ps3 isnt really must difference to the ps2.

BIG D 04
03-06-2007, 03:26 PM
well i dont think i will buy either buy if i had to the iphone as i think the ps3 isnt really must difference to the ps2.

Well there is a difference the PAL PS2 can play PS2 Games the European PS3 can't :p

There is some big difference for the PS3 and that's it's equivalent of Xbox Live which is very standard and instead taking a jump they are still lagging behind in that area.