• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What is this worth?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
I am looking to buy a powermac g4 to run itunes and a bittorrent client and found one locally for sale. I was wondering what you all think this computer is worth so I can compare with the sellers asking price.

Power Mac G4
500MHz Dual Processor
1.125 GB RAM
CD/DVD-ROM drive
75GB and 20GB Hard Drives
nVidia GeForce4 MX Video Dual 32M

That is all the info I know of now, if I find out more I will update the thread...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
hmm, low processor but upped ram. if it was just the box, I wouldnt pay more than a couple hundred

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
OP
ste6168
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM

Thanks so far... anyway I saw that link already, but the ad says its a dual processor version, which would be here. What do you all think I should do, go for this bargain and buy this for 300, or wait around a while longer and pick up a mac mini? I am going to find out if the computer for 300 comes with a display or anything else... I will fill you in, but please also fill me in on your thoughts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I'd wait for a Mini. Intel Minis can be had in the $400-$600 range slightly used, and are plenty of a machine for basic tasks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.