Ubuntu on PPC Mac?

Reaction score
Hi
Recently I tried to put Ubuntu on my old iMac G3 600MHz to have a little preview of what it is like. Then, it started up on the disk just fine, I did everything necessary on the startup window, then I got a screen that had to Ubuntu logo on it, and a loading bar. After that, I heard the start up noise for Ubuntu, but after that all I got was a completely blank, black screen. What is going on? Could someone please help me out on how or why it is doing this? I have tried many things. Thanks
~Joe~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
Hi
Recently I tried to put Ubuntu on my old iMac G3 600MHz to have a little preview of what it is like. Then, it started up on the disk just fine, I did everything necessary on the startup window, then I got a screen that had to Ubuntu logo on it, and a loading bar. After that, I heard the start up noise for Ubuntu, but after that all I got was a completely blank, black screen. What is going on? Could someone please help me out on how or why it is doing this? I have tried many things. Thanks
~Joe~
Is the resolution set to VGA?
I had a similar problem when I set the res higher than that (one of the F keys, can't recall which one at this time) when I was doing the same thing.
When I rebooted and left the res at VGA, it was fine.

OP
D
Reaction score
Well, i realized that i had burnt the wrong CD. I found a new link, then i went through the installation process. Then, it ejected the CD as it should have and rebooted my computer. Then, i came to a black screen with white font that said i needed to log in, i did, then i went to this website: http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-148617.html. I followed the steps, but got stuck right when it said "cd down to /etc/apt...", everything was working fine until i ran into this. Now what do the rest of the instructions mean. I need a lot of help with this and you might need to explain them in super simple terms because half of this stuff I do not understand. Thanks so so much, please help!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.