• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What is the Mac of the automotive world?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I recently sold my car and now am looking for whatever kind of car would be the equivalent of a Mac, meaning "it just works". Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Subaru or Volvo

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
agreed - subaru or bmw.

both are relatively independant car manufactures that don't really answer to anyone else, and have features and design that make them stand out in subtle ways.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
agreed - subaru or bmw.

both are relatively independant car manufactures that don't really answer to anyone else, and have features and design that make them stand out in subtle ways.

In my opinion I would go with either a toyota or lexus, both are EXTREMELY durable and last long. Other than that, if I were buying a car, I would go with a VW because I have a jetta now and absolutely love it, so i kind of look past all the little problems it has.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
tell my subaru it's not as durable as a toyota and it might growl it's little boxer heart out at you...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Subaru's take a beating, and keep rolling. Plus they are one of the highest rated for safety.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Toyota is great.. I've been driving them for the past almost 2 years. I'd buy nothing domestic.

The gf and I just went through our 2nd Corolla..

The first one died because it was a '94 and we drive it hard.. The 2nd one, was a '95 Corolla, same as the previous, but a beige/sandy color.. That one got the front-left end taken out by an old lady in a minivan, and made my front left tire 90* with the body.. It's a write-off.. P*ssed me off because we've only had it for about 4 months..

Also, looks like another Corolla is on the way lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
What kind do you drive exactly Netty? I've been trying to save up for a Jetta TDI for years, but I can't seem to ever get the cash lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I have a 2002 Jetta, just a plain 'ol 2.0 :) but I want to trade her in for a New Beetle TDI, if I can afford it. If not just the regular 2.5 engine.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
what, no rabbit?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
what, no rabbit?

Well, I'm tempted to get a rabbit but I've been wanting a Beetle for years! I don't want to purchase the rabbit and then wake up the next morning wishing it was a Beetle. There's no cooling off period in Ca. hehe :)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
bah, it's no use getting a beetle unless it's a cream or red convertible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I prefer booger green.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
buy a used toyota supra.. they don't make new ones any more, and they are highly customizable.. I don't think you can find a stick shift supra out there that has not been modified, and I have seen some of them putting out 900hp.. there was even one in the fast and the furious... other then that BMWs are always really nice cars.. and have features other car companies don't have, much like macs.

Reaction score
definately a subaru. I have a 95 Legacy and I have put that car throught alot and it still runs as good as ever.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
welcome to a fellow subbie owner babybella!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
Definitely a Honda. Preferably a Civic. I drive a 2006 Honda Civic and I love it to death. Great engine, awesome gas mileage. I added a few little things like cold air intake, Performance Muffler and Downpipe, and now I'm getting about 180 HorsePower and 40/48 mpg. Great stuff. Old Civics are great too. I compare it to my mac because

A. It just works, no problems, does what it's supposed to.
B. It's completely able to be personalized. Just like a Mac, you can add your own flair to it.
C. It's black, like my Macbook :D

Good luck.

Trent out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33G DUO CORE 17"
Subaru all the way...

Legacy GT - turbo, powerful, economic, and yet stylish... Reliability and safety at its best... Doesn't cost too much as Mac's though hehehehe for that matter, the new BMW 335i twin turbo!!!

Good luck buying your new ride!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.