• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What do you like to drink?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I tried the search function to see if there was a thread made about this topic already. Couldn't really find any, unless I'm not doing a good enough job searching.
What do you like to drink? It could be anything. If you have any great recipes, share them if you want.

Personally, after a long day from work and/or school, I like to mellow out with a little bit of cognac VSOP.

I also like soy milk for some odd reason. I'm not lactose intolerant or anything, but I prefer soy milk over regular milk.

And being a guy from Baltimore, I love that 'half n half'. (No not the stuff you put in coffee). It's iced tea and lemonade mixed together. I know it's been out for a while, but it's huge in certain parts of B-more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Default drink: Captain & Coke

I also enjoy Ketel One & Cranberry Or a Vodka Collins
Bombay Sapphire & Tonic
Alabama Slammer
Lynchburg Lemonade
Manhattan
Mojito

non-alcoholic: Water/Pepsi/Orange Juice/Dr. Pepper

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
approximately from most to least

water (by far the highest ratio)
cold or hot tea (preferably English breakfast)
coffee (i take it like the wolf, lotsa cream, lotsa sugar)
v-8 (reg or spicy)
fruit juice (grape or mixed berry mostly, natural/organic as much as possible)
lemonade (mixed by hand - water, lemon juice and sugar)

almost never drink soda.
pretty much never drink alcohol (maybe red wine once or twice a year, if that).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
In order:
Guinness
Jack Daniel's - Straight
Budweiser

Unfortunately, I'm snowed in and cannot consume any at this moment.

T

todd51

Water
Iced Tea
Coffee (black or a bit of hazelnut cream)
Lemonade

Drink alcohol on occasion being the typical college student. Not near enough as the regulars though. I drink about once every 2 weeks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Dr. Pepper is by far my favorite drink. It makes the world taste better.

Reaction score
8159bvi3.jpg

I absolutely love Arizona Iced Tea. I'm drinking it as we speak.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
My top 3 favorite beers:

Guinness
Stella Artois
Heineken

Not neccesarily in that order.. This week I'm in a Stella mood, as the last few times I bought Heineken.. i bought a 12-pack of it today, it's so d@mn tasty! So looks like next time will be Guinness..

For hard liqour, I like Teacher's or Ballentine's scotch on the rocks

Non-alcoholic bev's include coffee (half of a cream, usually "Carnation milk" if any one knows what that is, and 2 sugars), tea (Green/Earl Grey/English Breakfast), Cherry Coke and Sprite.

I also love RedRave, it's an energy drink like Red Bull.. There's also the one called "Red Rain" which is basically the exact same thing as Red Rave but different name. I love the taste of it.

There's nothing like slamming 2-3 cans down and going out for a rip on the skateboard.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
re: arizona tea. love it, but had to start laying off of that and the sobe stuff due to the high fructose corn syrup.

Reaction score
1. water (about 1g a day; good for the kidney!)

2. iced tea (unsweetened) when we eat out

3. hot chocolate when I'm cold

That accounts for 99% of my liquid intake. I probably have a soft drink 1-2 times per month and a beer 1-2 times per year. I used to drink beer about as much as I drink water now :) but to be honest I don't really miss it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Good red wine, thick and rich
Any Tequila $40 & up a bottle
Dark coffee
Mojito's
and tons of water

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Diet Coke
Vanilla Protein Shakes
and Orange Juice

Those are the drinks I drink most often, but every once in a while I'll have something else like ice tea or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Water and wine. A little bit of milk and tea thrown in.

For wines:
Mostly white wines, Riesling and Chardonney. I enjoy Cabernet Sauvignon and a few others for reds. Merlot is absolutely disgusting unless it is of higher quality. Honestly, I have been getting into wines only recently.

When I do drink tea (seldom), it is usually green or herbal.

I drink a LOT of water. I do not like sugary things (I gave up pop -soda for everyone else- long ago, although not on purpose. I just stopped liking it). As a matter of fact, I do not like candy either. Plus I don't like chocolate (the taste, not the sugar).

...so yeah, I am a pretty boring person when it comes to drinks.
:/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
too bad your not jesus...half way though your glass of water you could just say...'screw this i want some wine' and then POOF! you gots yourself some wine...lol

boy i hope no one is offended by that little joke...let the negative rep fly!!!!

what i likes to drink:
starbucks green tea lemonade
shots of espresso from starbucks
quad grande four pump mocha four pump vanilla soy no whip moca's
water --about 5 venti cups a day
yellow gatorade
hawaiian punch ;)

in terms of booze:
jaegermeister
newcastle brown ale
yeungling
a good glass of wine
whiskey

note: i work for starbucks so i dont actually pay for any of those drinks mentioned above....
note2: i also bartend at night so i rarely pay for any of those drinks above either!

-chris

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ooh! starbucks lingo... :)

i'll have a quad breve venti mocha!

Reaction score
Espresso.

Diet Sodas.

Vodka. I drink any white spirit but try to stay away from the dark ones except for Southern Comfort (my weakness).

I've never been to the US but family members tell me you guys drink a lot of iced tea.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yep. sun tea, sweet tea (mostly in the south), the powder mix stuff, flavored, iced green tea, iced chai, whatever.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.