Virtual disk audio cd?

Reaction score
Hey guys,
im new, but not new to mac or forums..
have a g4 ibook for a while now

i have ALOT of audible audio books..
and i figure the only way i can convert them to mp3 (short of audacity) is to burn them to a disk, and then rip them back...

NOW i know on a PC i can create a virtual cd and burn to that and then rip without wasting any cd's...
BUT all i ccan figure out on the mac is to create a generic (removable) disk image, not a cd.....

so i need someone to tell me how to create a useable CD disk image!!

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I use Audio Hijack pro to re-record stuff I get from the ITS store and convert to mp3, but I know that audio books are hours long.

If I were to use it to convert audio books, I'd probably use its scheduling and pause-detection features to record them overnight or whenever I'm not using my Mac (which is pretty much when I'm not sleeping or driving.)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i'm not sure what audible's rules are, but would this constitute illegal activity?

OP
S
Reaction score
well using the saudio hijack ould not be illegal, but a strait up conversion probably would
the home something act says you can make "analog" copies of anything you own.

but im getting tired of the stupid .AA format it really sucks balls....

i want to put it on my chocolate so i can listen to it with my bluetooth headphones...BUT chocolate doesn read .AA..so it wont work...i kep my ipod hooked into my harkon kardon in my car..so thats out..
MAN THIS REALLY SUCKS

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.