CD or DVD?

Reaction score
I just got ahold of an OEM version of Windows XP Home edition SP2 from newegg.com and right now I'm backing up some important files. I updated all my software and firmware and I printed out the entire bootcamp installation and setup guide. I'm all ready to install windows onto my MBP but I have no blank CD. I do have plenty of blank DVD's, will I be able to use DVD's or do I have to have a CD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
dvd should be fine.

OP
S
Reaction score
thank novicew...I actually found that it said DVD is ok in the installation manual. I'm writing this from the windows partition right now...it's...well it's XP..:b

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Nice to hear that everything works. However I would suggest you to spend more time on OS X (if possible) and get the real advantages of your MBP.

OP
S
Reaction score
yea, i plan on it...i only wanted XP so I can still play my PC games and not have to buy new mac ones...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.