PDA

View Full Version : unwanted log outs

Vlad
03-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Hello, I'm new to this forum so I'm still learning to navigate, but I have a problem staying logged in. I log in with no problem when I try to reply to a post I get a message saying I'm not authorized to do that then I have to copy my post (or i will lose it ) and refresh and log in again, paste in my post. Then I can post. Am I doing something wrong. Appreciate any advice Thanks

novicew
03-01-2007, 10:59 AM
When you log next time in, don't forget to check the "Remember me" box.

Vlad
03-01-2007, 08:43 PM
thanks but i don't like using the auto password fill in programs. call it paranoia but as long as your on the internet your not the only one with access to your comp. IMO
thanks for the reply

bobtomay
03-01-2007, 09:45 PM
It's not a auto password fill-in, it's an option right next to the log-in for the site. Use to do the same to me, just check this box, then when you close your browser, if you want to be fully logged out, just make sure you empty the personal data (or whatever your browser calls it) and you, or whomever will still have to log in next time.

rman
03-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Checking the remember me button, i believe place some information in a cookie about you being logged in. If you remove the cookie you will have to log in again. So it is not the auto pass word feature.

D3v1L80Y
03-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Correct. All that does is set a cookie. It doesn't store your login information.