unwanted log outs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.25 gig G4
Hello, I'm new to this forum so I'm still learning to navigate, but I have a problem staying logged in. I log in with no problem when I try to reply to a post I get a message saying I'm not authorized to do that then I have to copy my post (or i will lose it ) and refresh and log in again, paste in my post. Then I can post. Am I doing something wrong. Appreciate any advice Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
When you log next time in, don't forget to check the "Remember me" box.

OP
Vlad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.25 gig G4
thanks but i don't like using the auto password fill in programs. call it paranoia but as long as your on the internet your not the only one with access to your comp. IMO
thanks for the reply

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It's not a auto password fill-in, it's an option right next to the log-in for the site. Use to do the same to me, just check this box, then when you close your browser, if you want to be fully logged out, just make sure you empty the personal data (or whatever your browser calls it) and you, or whomever will still have to log in next time.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Checking the remember me button, i believe place some information in a cookie about you being logged in. If you remove the cookie you will have to log in again. So it is not the auto pass word feature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Correct. All that does is set a cookie. It doesn't store your login information.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.