• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

noob question

Reaction score
I was curious about how often does apple upgrade their hardware. Is the software upgrades always accompanied by hardware upgrades. I am looking to buy a MB(not pro). I was wondering if they would upgrade the MB's at the launch of Leopard. Ur thoughts will be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
I have had my moms macbook for just about two months and it hastn updated once so i cant see it being a major problem

OP
J
Reaction score
So do you suggest me waiting for the Leopard release, since I don't wana buy something now just to find that they released new MB's in two months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
this thread will contain 100% rumor and speculation about product releases. if you find the MB that you like at the specs that you like go ahead and buy it. if you feel like waiting 6 months to a year to purchase 'the newest product' go ahead and do that too if you feel like waiting for an undetermined amount of time.

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a mac user.. yet
So do you suggest me waiting for the Leopard release, since I don't wana buy something now just to find that they released new MB's in two months.

I am in the same position right now as well. I'm debating whether to wait for the Leopard release (apparently in the next coming months) or purchase now.

There is also speculation that the iMacs may also be seeing a hardware upgrade in the next little while too, so same prediciment.

My guy feeling is that I'm going to wait until at least Leopard is released before purchasing otherwise I'm going to be spending $100-$150 more dollars if I jump the gun.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

lets say you wait two months for the "new" mb.. what happens a few months after that when something new comes out.. you waited for nothing.. why wait? there will always be something down the road that is bigger and better.

OP
J
Reaction score
lets say you wait two months for the "new" mb.. what happens a few months after that when something new comes out.. you waited for nothing.. why wait? there will always be something down the road that is bigger and better.

I agree with what you're saying. But I just wanna know how often apple is known to upgrade their hardware. How high is the probability of a new MB release along with Leopard. Either way, I am goin to wait until Leopard. Save some cash to get some extra RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
... But I just wanna know how often apple is known to upgrade their hardware...

Well then here you go: :D

MacBook

The MacBook is Apple's consumer laptop; it was formerly known as the iBook.

Recent Releases

11/2006
5/2006
7/2005
10/2004
4/2004
10/2003
4/2003
11/2002

Product MacBook
Last Release November 08, 2006
Days Since Update 112 (Avg = 204)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
No problem... I'm glad it helped.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz
http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

This can be a handy guide to look at.

Like stated before... this is all rumor and hearsay. I think it makes perfect sense to wait for Leopard if you are in no real rush for the new system and were planning on upgrading the OS regardless. Hardware is constantly changing and something better is always around the corner, but the current lineup of machines is extremely capable and should suit your needs into the future.

... Should I play devil's advocate and mention the possible 15.4 Macbook that has been rumored to release in the near future? *Maybe* that's worth an extra month of waiting.... ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.