• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Back Up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 4 MB Cache, 1 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive, SuperDrive
I've got to start my dissertation soon, and I want a secure way of backing it up - if I lost it, I'd probably cry.

Can I back it up onto an iPod? - If yes, then I'll prob just buy myself an 80gb.

Or would I be better with an external harddrive?

I've never really been one to back stuff up y'see...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
hey there

you could backup to an ipod but an external drive is probably better. AND CHEAPER.

i have a Western Digital 320gb drive which i got in the uk for £100.

works fine and backs up often.

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
All you need is an external HDD and SuperDuper. Once you configure SD, you don't even have to bother manually creating backups. SD does everything for you for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.