• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Official Mac-Forums Guitar Off

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Inspired by this thread.

How it goes:
  • Each member gets one (1) entry. (But that entry can be changed by posting another entry)
  • Each entry must be a video of you playing a solo that either you have written or from a favorite band (yes you can hide your face if you are afriad of stalkers)
  • All videos must be hosted externally either on a private server or on a video hosting website. (YouTube, MetaCafe, Revver, Myspace, exct)
  • When posting this video you may either embed it (if you can find a way) or link to it and please make sure you audio is of good quality!

The Rules:
  • One entry per member (entry can be changed)
  • Should be a solo (chords aren't quite as effective)
  • Host your videos externally
  • Please no singing
  • Can either be played on: Eletric Bass, Acoustic, or Eletric Guitar. Bonus points if you have a double neck :p

Voting:
  • Type "VOTE" at the bottom of your post in RED size 6 font
  • Under neeth the word "VOTE" paste a link to the post containing the entry you're voting for (click the number on the right side and a new window will open with just that post, copy the address)
  • I will update this post with a running tally
  • To change your vote as new entries are added just repeat the voting process and it will be updated on the tally.

Post away! :black:

Reaction score
Smart... too bad i dont play the guitar...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Mac-Forums Guitar iDol.... GREAT IDEA!!!!

As a tribute to the 1st few weeks of American Idol I may do a rendition of Chili's (Restaurant) "Baby Back Ribs" LMAO :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
too bad all i play is acoustic guitar and mostly know just chords due to the fact that i just do worship music for my worship band... =/ good luck to all who enter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Does Guitar Hero on PS2 count? I could probably shred a solo from one of those songs.

Reaction score
This is a fun thread pity I don't have a video camera.

Pulse-8 well done. I played guitar for years without learning music. Then I felt like I hit a ceiling with my playing so I forced myself to learn. Best thing I ever did. Now for the piano..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Pretty good, Pulse!

Okay, I'll play along.... for now.
:black:
This is a do it realy quick in one-take 'cause I have lots of homework, not very good quality video, not really caring too much about getting it perfect, and just doing this for fun kinda thing. The sound is bearable and the video is decent, considering I had to use my iSight to record it (my MiniDV camera is on the fritz).

The song is part of "The Forgotten (Part II)"/Joe Satriani/Flying in a Blue Dream.

link to my video

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i wish i knew how to play.

Reaction score
Wow..I just started playing, so I could do the start of Wanted Dead or Alive but no solo'ing here yet....

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Pretty good, Pulse!

Okay, I'll play along.... for now.
:black:
This is a do it realy quick in one-take 'cause I have lots of homework, not very good quality video, not really caring too much about getting it perfect, and just doing this for fun kinda thing. The sound is bearable and the video is decent, considering I had to use my iSight to record it (my MiniDV camera is on the fritz).

Very good DB. I love that Satriani song. You did VERY good for no backup and just throwing it together like that!!! For me it's hard to play something like that without the bass and drums and whatever going. You got it very close. Amazing.

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Awesome DB and Pulse!

I really wanna hear someone do Don't Cry by Guns n Roses =]

Reaction score
Wow ... Slash! That guy is something else! His tone is so awesome and his style/solos are very difficult to replicate IMHO!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Oh cool, I'll post something soon as well...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You guys are gonna make me wanna pull one of my axes out of the case. Don't think I've touched em in almost 2 years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Too bad I'm only a guitar owner, not a guitar player...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
I'll throw some classical in haha, its not perfect but whatever =)
And yes I am aware of the very large pimple on my forehead haha

Jesu, Joy of Man's Desire

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.