• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My GarageBand creations...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
its not bad, i enjoyed the jams and will probably download them to itunes if i can.

1 thing, the layering seems a bit uneven, the piano thing really dominates the whole 1st song and i hated that.

otherwise, good

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Cool man - I preferred the 2nd one of them - but both were cool - I'm going to have to have areal go at this and see if I can make something half as good :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Great tunes man. Really enjoyed them.
Did you use pre-existing tracks in garageband or did you create all of those tracks from scratch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
2nd one was best, but darn, the first one was darn good too!

OP
MartinS
Reaction score
Thanks! All on a G4, 1.25ghz Mac mini...

leecho7: do you mean did I create them using existing loops? Yes, I did, although I edited most of them to get what I wanted. When I get my iMac I'll be able to plug my guitar into it.

One thing I found particularly tricky was to get the bass line on Snake Oil to sound natural, like it was really being played, once I'd got the notes I wanted. There's a fluid quality about playing real instruments that was difficult to get just right.

I've been working on another one for a while. It's OK up to about half way but then goes wrong. I'll upload that when I've finished it.

Reaction score
Martin I really like the Snake Oil track.

Don't you just love Garageband?!

Why don't you plug your guitar into your mac mini? I have the same one and play my guitar through it.

OP
MartinS
Reaction score
cjay – the G4 Mac mini doesn't have an audio input. Does it?

Reaction score
Yeah that's right but I just assumed you had an interface.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.