Dual Boot Trouble

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
Ok so i finally got hold of a copy of windows xp with sp2 and installed windows. everything seemed to be fine, it installed i went through the language settings and network settings etc etc went away and left it but came back to a blank black screen of nothing.. i thought that was a little strange and ended up restarting.

on restart it went into windows fine with no problems. however when i turn off and turn back on again and press the apple key to get into mac osx... it get the black screen back again of nothing.

so 1stly am i going about getting into OSX the right way? As i understand it you jsut hold down the apple key as soon as you press the on button and it will boot into osx?

also how do i update my grpahics driver etc? i tried putting in my mac osx CD but that did nothing

thanks

joe

OP
joe.morgan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
ok so now i realise it is in fact alt you are meant to press so i am able to log into OSX now. however i just read on the apple site that xp needs to be installed on c: which i cant remember if i did or not. i selected the 32gb partition (which is correct) but im hoping thats c: drive

OP
joe.morgan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ah i have also learnt how to make driver CD... ill shut up now!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.