• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

2006 Lotus Elise vs. 2008 Camaro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
i'm sorry this is irrelevant of computers, but my friend and i have been argueing about which car has the overall best performance (handeling, acceleration, top speed) and i just needed other peoples opinion. Which would you believe has a better performance; a 190hp 1985 lbs. 2006 lotus elise or 400hp? 3400 lbs.? 2008 chevy camaro.
i guess it comes down to, do you believe in performance through power or weight ?

Reaction score
just as you said, it depends on whether you prefer to go fast in a straight line, or a crooked, s-shaped line with a chicane and a hairpin. For the money, i don't think you could find a car that would provide more sheer fun than the elise, but then, the new camaro is one sexy car which would no doubt be faster "a quarter-mile at a time"

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
elise. period. the exige version might even beat the camaro in a straight line; not sure of the numbers, especially since the camaro isn't in production yet.

T

todd51

I would go with the Elise too. Those new Camaros do look pretty sweet too.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
no question, there is a certain coolness factor to new camaro. but in a couple years it will blend in like a 300c, mustang, or charger. to see an elise in traffic is really unusual most places.

really, i'm not sure who would ever even be comparing those cars for any reason other than complete theoretical armchair racing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
As much as I would like to say the Camaro will be faster and better handling, I just cannot. The Elise is like a big go cart with AMAZING handling. GM would never give us something too fun to drive.

EDITTING FOR:
I would say the new Saturn Sky Red Line would give the Elise a run for its money though, that is one of Gm's best new cars ever! 50/50 weight, 2.0 Ecotec Supercharged......

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
gm's best new car is an existing opel (and chassis mates with the pontiac solstice).

either way, not elise beaters imo.

OP
Nagger Pumper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
that was just a reference to the post above mine. i don't really think it's gm's best car. it's up there. but that's not saying much imo.

OP
Nagger Pumper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yah i figured, i just wanted you guys to see the cadillac 16.

OP
Nagger Pumper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it's hard to believe that the elise has a toyota corolla engine in it .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
it's hard to believe that the elise has a toyota corolla engine in it .

While the 2ZZ has been used in the Corolla, it was originally used in the Celica. So I don't think it's completely fair to call it a "Corolla engine". :black:

And for the record, I would take an Elise hands down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Elise, no question. The only place the camaro wound have some chance is the drag, and no one with an elise is gonna drag, they are going to take it to a real track.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Who would have thunk it:eek:neye: A Malasian car being better than a Yank car....what is the world coming to?.....maybe Mudcrabs will be driving a 'Renault Megane 225 Turbo Sports' next...as he does.... and he is sixty....LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Lotus is British, not Malaysian.

OP
Nagger Pumper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol, good stuff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I <3 Lotus Elise's... at least in GT4. :D

M

MacHeadCase

Oh my! What a cool lookin' car... That beats a Camaro for looks hands down IMO. Besides I never really cared much either way about Camaros till one day in a forum I met this Camaro fanboy (Stretch and a handful in here will know what I mean). Ever since I can't stand the bloody car... Bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.