Parallels - Right Click?

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the right click (Apple, Click) working when running Windows XP in Paralells. I feel like I have tried just about everything...is it hopeless...or am I missing something? Greatly Appreciated :p

Reaction score
cybercrak -- What kind of Mac are you using?

For a notebook (MacBook or MBP), if you have your settings right in System Preferences, you can just tap the trackpad with two fingers simultaneously and it will simulate a right-click both in Parallels and in OS X proper.

If you're using a desktop with a mouse, I recommend buying a proper 2- (or more) button mouse.

OP
C
Reaction score
cybercrak -- What kind of Mac are you using?

For a notebook (MacBook or MBP), if you have your settings right in System Preferences, you can just tap the trackpad with two fingers simultaneously and it will simulate a right-click both in Parallels and in OS X proper.

If you're using a desktop with a mouse, I recommend buying a proper 2- (or more) button mouse.

I am using a new MacBook. I do have a cordless mouse I have been using with no problem in OS X, right click and everything. However I couldn't get the right click to work Parallels XP either.

Reaction score
Can you get the two-finger tap "right click" to work in Parallels using the trackpad?

OP
C
Reaction score
I set up the two finger / one click in my preferences and now it works in XP!!!

Thank you very much, I greatly appreciate your assitance :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb
ToddG, I posted a thread about this type of thing but not had a response yet. Should this be the same thing in Windows XP running under Boot Camp? I can use my trackpad to do a two-finger tap for right-click in OS X but it won't work in Windows XP.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Under Boot Camp, WinXP does not recognize any tapping whatsoever from the trackpad. You can neither click nor right-click using just the trackpad.

However, you can click using the trackpad button.

To right-click, you place two fingers on the trackpad and, while both fingers are touching the pad, you press the trackpad button.

So: track button = click; two fingers on pad plus track button = right click.

The "two on pad plus button" thing works in OS X, as well, so you can try it in either mode to get the hang of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb
Thanks very much for your help. Works perfectly!

Reaction score
Under Boot Camp, WinXP does not recognize any tapping whatsoever from the trackpad. You can neither click nor right-click using just the trackpad.

However, you can click using the trackpad button.

To right-click, you place two fingers on the trackpad and, while both fingers are touching the pad, you press the trackpad button.

So: track button = click; two fingers on pad plus track button = right click.

The "two on pad plus button" thing works in OS X, as well, so you can try it in either mode to get the hang of it.

Sorry, don´t want to open new thread, but I don´t understand this.
I install Windows XP as well with Boot Camp on my macbook but my english and computer knowlege is crap.

What is please the trackpad button? If it is the normal button then it doesn´t work for me. Someone can help me please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Frankly, I can't stand the "tap" on the trackpad. I have it turned off on my MacBook.

The keystrokes for a right-click in XP under Parallels on a MacBook or MacBook Pro is:

SHIFT-CTRL-click

Reaction score
Frankly, I can't stand the "tap" on the trackpad. I have it turned off on my MacBook.

The keystrokes for a right-click in XP under Parallels on a MacBook or MacBook Pro is:

SHIFT-CTRL-click

SHIFT-CTRL-click doesn´t work for me.
I don´t know what Parallels is really. I installed Windows XP with Bootcamp?
Any Advice?

Reaction score
Well I already installed Windows XP on my macbook so I don´t really need the Parallels program. I was just wondering what the trackpad is and how to do a roghtclick if I installed Windows XP with Bootcamp.

Reaction score
Trackpad = the flat area you touch with your finger to move the mouse cursor.

Trackpad button = the button underneath the trackpad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
For right-clicking under BootCamp, check out this utility.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.