• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Console gaming. . . Do you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
What do you use for the majority of your gaming?

For me it's SNES and NES emulators on my Mac + Mac + my Gamecube.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I have an xBox 360.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I have a PS3/XBOX 360/Wii/Ds Lite.

I have never been much a PC gamer. The last game I played a lot was Tribes and that was probably around 5+ years ago. :bomb:

Give me Gears of War/Zelda/Final Fantasy and I'm set. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Video games are my life! Mainly game on the X360, but also have a modded Xbox with loads of stuff on it.

X360>all

gamertag: punkr0x0r
games: GRAW, CoD2/3, halo2, Gears of War

My buddy has a Wii, which is making me want one. Tried playing RedSteel on it, and it was like the first time I've ever played an FPS. Cool system.

I'm an ex-PC gamer, since the 360 does what I want it to, and better than my high-end Windows gaming machine.

I also rom-it up on my Macs/Xbox, and have a real Sega Genesis with a bunch of games (thinking about selling it), and PS1 (modded), and a PSP (Killzone Liberations and LoCoRoCo pwn!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I haven't owned a console since SNES. I really lost interest in console games when PC games opened up the world of network gaming. Now, after using a mouse and keyboard, I can't get used to those controllers with their little joysticks. I feel like my game control with a keyboard/mouse is much much better. Also, I don't have to buy a $400 new console every couple years to stay up-to-date and PC games tend to be cheaper.

I've been thinking of getting COD3 and getting into that since it won't require me to reboot when I want to play. I'm not one for variety though; I've been playing mostly Counter Strike since the beta versions made from Half-Life. And unlike other games that you have to buy newer versions of, I just download the CS updates when they come out for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Now, after using a mouse and keyboard, I can't get used to those controllers with their little joysticks.

I thought so too, but with anything, practice makes perfect. Try goign from PC, to console, to Wii.. Using the Wii-mote and the Nunchuck is like having to learn how to play FPS for the very first time from scratch.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
meh. i don't like these sorts of seperatist polls.

i have had a lot of systems from many different companies, i plan on replacing my ps2 with a ps3 at some point, and buying a wii. i also have a nintendo DS. i don't plan on buying an xbox360 but mainly that's because i'm done giving microsoft my money and i spend enough time with the ps2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I've had every system and handheld since the NES(except a DreamCast). I didn't like my PS3, so I ditched it, but I love the rest. Wii is by far my favorite thing ever. I love the controls and even the goofy, childish games.

Nintendo is #1, and as far as I'm concerned, can't be beat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
seeing as this is a mac forum and all :mac:
Does anyone know of software similar to mediamanager for the psp, i no longer have a pc set up and want to put videos on my psp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
ipsp, and pspware are two of your choices. Both shareware I believe.

Reaction score
Wii when I feel really bored. But I have enough toher things in life to keep me busy. Piano and Guitar come first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
ipsp, and pspware are two of your choices. Both shareware I believe.

i never understood what shareware is tho :S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I'm on xbox 360 all the time. My regular xbox died so that doesn't see any more game play.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
For your PSP, you should just be able to plug it in via USB and OS X will detect it as a flash drive, and you can drag/drop media that way. That's what I do at least with mine. No software required.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
Xbox
Xbox 360
Psp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I didn't vote because my choice really didn't match, due to not having multiple options.

I play driving games almost exclusively, and for that it's either PC (or MBP w/Windows) or PS2 for Gran Tourismo 4, although I bought an X-Box exclusively for Halo 2, but I do own Project Gotham Racing 2. Beyond that I have an original GameBoy from Christmas of '88 or '89 (first year they came out) that still gets used regularly for the classics (Mario, Tetris, etc.), and a Sega Genesis II that still sees plenty of use for the original Sonic series. When I feel like playing Sonic in HD, I use my X-Box with the Sega Classics game pack. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I currently own all Nintendo consoles (incl. hand held - original GB, GB pocket, colour and advance :p) except for the Virtual Boy. I got an xbox a couple of years ago (or whenever Halo 2 was released) and my brother bought a PS2 recently, which I play mostly for FFX and GT4.

I'm tossing up between a 360 and a PS3. Will most likely get a 360 though, as it's that little bit cheaper (well, about $400 cheaper here) and is steadily collecting some better titles. Also, there's a rumour than Shenmue 3 will be released for 360...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
nuke! too bad we don't live closer - i need some live competition!

346269646_90895e3e15.jpg

328982031_a3c3587780.jpg

346274222_54f9406210.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I mostly use the PSP these days, never get the time for consoles.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.