Organize in Aperture

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPH: 3.5Ghz i7 | MPS: 2.66Ghz Xeon | iPhone 4S | iPad 2 | MacBook 13"
I'm trying to figure out a way to organize already imported pictures into Aperture by date. I'd like to folder to be made with the dates and all the images sorted into them.

Does anyone know of a way to do this or maybe an automation script that can handle it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I have not used Aperture, however this is how it could be done assuming it works similar to lightroom:

In finder go to your Aperture files, create folders for the dates or possibly weeks that you want to sort the photograhs by. Then change your view to list and sort the files by date created. Select the files and move them into the new folders.

That is manual, and would be time consuming however it works with lightroom.

With the free 30 day trial, I plan on giving aperture a try but have not downloaded it yet. Been too busy to get the most out of the trial but may give it a try on Monday.

OP
Mike.Bowden
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPH: 3.5Ghz i7 | MPS: 2.66Ghz Xeon | iPhone 4S | iPad 2 | MacBook 13"
That would work except Aperture uses 1 file to store all of the masters/raw photos in. So there isn't anyway to organize via flat file.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.