Vista On Mac Easy Peasy

Reaction score
Done it without any troubles. Done bootcamp 1.1.2 and done it asif you would normally do windows xp installation, no need to delete anything what so ever. Works perfectly. Everything reconised all simple as. Have fun, Vista runs great on my C2D 20inch, good luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
No issues with drivers?

OP
J
Reaction score
i havent even need to install any drivers my friend, everything seems fine, maybe i need to install eyesight, but thats about it, all graphics drivers where retreieved from microsoft update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD
What version of Vista did you install?

I am looking to have the Vista Ultimate x64 OEM version installed on a MBP and I have heard this version has issues massive issues with Vista Premium Ready PCs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro - Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon "Woodcrest" processors - OS X Leopard
I installed Vista through bootcamp on my new Mac Pro and it would not recognize the video card. It actually booted up in what looked like 4 colors only, and very difficult to read text on my screen. I found an error message associated with the video card stating that there were not enough resources to load the video driver. After surfing the web I found some articles stating that the disabling one of the other drivers in the Device settings would permit it to work, and it did give me 32 bit color, but I cannot get Aero to work. I'd be interested in knowing if you are able to get the Windows Vista Aero features to work Jchavoush.

I have the Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT 256 mg video card.

OP
J
Reaction score
My names Jordan just so ya know lol. Right my friend, i got aero to work by making sure the theme is set to Windows Vista Aero in Personaliation in the control panel, then you pres mac key (left of the space button) ctrl and then tab and that brings up aero. Everything seems fine my friend

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Well I just might have to give this a try, ive got Vista Business installed in Parallels but ide rather use bootcamp so I can play my games. Thanks for letting us know that it worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro - Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon "Woodcrest" processors - OS X Leopard
None of this works for me. I cannot get Aero, I cannot even get Windows Vista to recognize my NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT card at all. I've even installed the GeForce drivers.

It could be because my machine is so new, and the drivers for my Mac Pro and video card are not yet available. I'm not sure. People with older Macs seem to have no problem getting this to work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook w/ 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo 512MB memory & SuperDrive
Has anyone done the fresh install of Vista Premium Upgrade. They say that you can start the install and don't put in the serial # and when it finishes the install you do an upgrade within Vista and then enter your Serial #. Can you do this with BootCamp?

I don't want to waste the money on the upgrade if I can't do this. I know that you have to have SP2 on the same disc as XP so I didn't know if this would be possible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Core 2 Duo 4GB (upgrade) Mac OS X 10.5.6, Macbook 2.6 GHz 4GB Ram, iPhone 3G
I Just bought windows vista upgrade online...

I didnt really think that it would be any different if i used vista upgrade vs vista full. The tutorials online are quite satisfying, and i was able to load a "non-serialed" version of windows xp pro onto my imac (but had only 30 days).

So if no one knows, stay tuned the next 5 days, ile lecha know!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My Vista problems were resolved once I installed additional memory into my MAC. It now has 4 gigs of memory. When I first purchased it, Vista would not work at all. I purchased the memory for my video recordings and Final Cut, not for Vista, but that was an added bonus.

After using Vista for a while, I kept running into other problems and incompatibilities. So I don't use it at all now. I use WinXP when I want windows. It seems to do the job with much less hassle. If Intuit ever created a decent Mac version of their Quicken software, I would not have to use Windows at all. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 7.1 [24"], [email protected], 2GB RAM, HD2600 Pro, 320Gb HDD - 75/25 OS 10.5/Vista
I just BootCamped my iMac 24" Alu. w/ 2GB RAM and a decent [75GB] partition. Not really any problems. I use Vista Home Premium. Obviously, it's much more laggy than Leopard (LEOPARD RULLLESSS!). I use it for flight sim, oblivion other games, and windows coding, c++, c# etc. It's good, to an extent. The fact that it's a necessity makes it more livable.

I haven't had any driver issues - just used the leopard DVD for basic software regarding my Mac.

Good Luck to all those who need or want to install it. It's easy: and that's talking about windows. :S

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.