• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Genius Bar Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have an appointment at the genius bar in 2 hours. I have to bring my Quad G5 in because its acting funny. Do I just have to bring the box its self or do I need to bring the keyboard, mouse, and power cords? I've broght my laptop there before but never had to bring in the quad. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Just the box is fine, they've got the rest. :)

Reaction score
I have an appointment at the genius bar in 2 hours. I have to bring my Quad G5 in because its acting funny. Do I just have to bring the box its self or do I need to bring the keyboard, mouse, and power cords? I've broght my laptop there before but never had to bring in the quad. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I think you can just bring the box. They have a keyboard there and power cords etc. or should.

(I hope I'm not wrong)...

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just the box is fine, they've got the rest. :)

Thank yo to both of you... I hope they can get it back working with out me being with out it for too long.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
personally, I would bring them. Yes, they will have all that stuff there but what if for some off reason they are missing something? its better to be safe than sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Trust me, they won't be missing it. They've got drawers and drawers of that stuff not to mention an entire in-store repair facility. :)

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
personally, I would bring them. Yes, they will have all that stuff there but what if for some off reason they are missing something? its better to be safe than sorry.

This is true, but its a very long walk, and I will be by myself.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
off subject! why are you walking?

well.. walking from the parking lot.. the store is in the short hills mall and its relatively far from the nearest parking lot. Although If i was walking from home I should have left already.. its a good 4 miles away and walking with a quad would take quite some time as i never can figure out a comfortable way to carry it with out it either a) getting in the way of my legs or b) being in the way of my eyes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Good luck getting your quad fixed, PBG4. Hopefully it'll be back in good health in no time. :)

Reaction score
Those genius guys are pretty good -- if you get a nice one. Sometimes they can be a little gearhead-ish. What I mean by that is that sometimes they just assume you know and understand everything they are saying or doing.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Those genius guys are pretty good -- if you get a nice one. Sometimes they can be a little gearhead-ish. What I mean by that is that sometimes they just assume you know and understand everything they are saying or doing.

I guess I always come off smart or the short hills geniuses are really nice because I have never had a genius like that. I am leaving now... lets see how it goes.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so they say.. nothings wrong with it.. I have to zero out the drive and restart, if I am still getting errors to bring it back for further diagnostics.

Reaction score
so they say.. nothings wrong with it.. I have to zero out the drive and restart, if I am still getting errors to bring it back for further diagnostics.
Arrrrrrrrrrghhhh...there is nothing wrong with it? then why is it all slow and stuff? Makes little sense to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Hopefully a fresh install will do the trick. Good luck, PBG4.

Reaction score
Isn't a fresh install the default for "I don't know"?
a032.gif

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.