• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

When will it be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
When will 'Leopard' hit the shelves, haven't heard anything about it for a while :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
no one knows.. there are rumors that apple is having a "special event" with the release of leopard and iwork 07 on feb 20th. but again its just a rumor and no one knows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Apple only has said it will be out in the first half of 2007.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple only has said it will be out in the first half of 2007.

so it could be as late as june. thanks for that uplifting information :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
so it could be as late as june. thanks for that uplifting information :p

As early as tomorrow (so insanely un-likely) or as late as june 30th (or they could actually push it back further if they want to... Just remember a watched pot never boils so it would just be easier on you to be happy with what you have now and then when it comes out you'll be able to buy it if you still wish to. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As early as tomorrow (so insanely un-likely) or as late as june 30th (or they could actually push it back further if they want to... Just remember a watched pot never boils so it would just be easier on you to be happy with what you have now and then when it comes out you'll be able to buy it if you still wish to. :mac:

I am very happy with what I have.. but with all the leopard hype its hard not to be excited..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
My only hope is that it releases when it is ready. I *will* upgrade.

Upgrade. What a funny word in computerspeak. Most often "upgrade" means "new annoyances and compromises" - Windows certainly and Linux too. Yet I have this sense that for Leopard, "upgrade" might be truer to the dictionary definition than other OSs of my acquaintance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I am very happy with what I have.. but with all the leopard hype its hard not to be excited..

I hear you, I'm excited to get it too, but I'm trying not to think about it. I know when it comes out I'll get it, but until then I'm happy with what I have, although time machine is something I wished I had now.. I deleted a project the other day and then decided I still needed it. Luckily I had e-mailed it to somebody so I was able to get it back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
When I purchase Leopard when it comes out, will iLife 07 be built in, or will I have to purchase that also?

Quick note, I just went to AppleRumors.com, and on the main page there was infromation that Apple TV was being pushed back to March. Then it said that it's original ship date was February 20th. So could that have been what the "special event" was supposed to be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
iLife is a separate purchase. iLife only comes bundled with new computer purchases. Same with iWork.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I've just been playing with Dashcode beta - there is a disclaimer that it will stop working in the middle of July - I'm adding 2 + 2 here and getting 5 - but I'm thinking that the beta will be out for maximum of 1 months after v1.0 is due out bundled with Leopard. I know the sum is wrong - but I am starting to think a later date is more likely - based on what I've read elsewhere.

With regards to Feb 20th; Apple have still not listed anything for the 20th of Feb in their upcoming events - so I don't think it will be this month. However I don't know if they only announce an upcoming event once they've sent out those cryptic little invites to the media?? (Again based on what I've read - there is usually not a great deal of notice for an Apple Special Event).

Apple must [in some cases] be the starter of these rumours - they get everyone in a frenzy and must get loads of hits on their web site as people go to see if the latest rumour is true - each time one of these visitors turns up at Apple.com they [Apple] get another chance to sell something - and when they do launch 'the product' a huge number of threads and blog posts update those original posts - or make new posts directing people/web traffic straight to this new product - Win, Win, Win. :)

Oh btw - Dashcode is very cool - very easy to get it to do simple things - not so sure on the more difficult stuff yet though. - my favourite thing so far has been a little Mac-Forums RSS reader :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.