Printer problems with Intel mini

Reaction score
Ok, so I just got my new Intel mini.. I go to install the drivers for my printer on it. All seems well till I go to add the printer.. It doesn't seem to show the new driver on the list.. It's a Lexmark X5100 and installed and worked fine on my old G4 mini.. But doesn't seem to fully install on the new one.. What am I missing?
If you tell me the Intel Mac's need different drivers, I'm going to punt this thing through the window. I just traded my PC away for this thing due to Vista doing that crap to me. Really though, just tell me a cheap all in one printer that's readily available and works with Intel mac's if I have to buy a new one..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The problem isn't with your Mac, it is an issue of drivers from Lexmark for your printer. Their driver for the X5100 series was developed to work on PPC Macs under OS X 10.2.x only.
The driver should work under OS X 10.4.x, but the software from Lexmark would need to run under Rosetta mode.
If it doesn't work with a generic driver, then there unfortunately isn't much you can do.

As far as new AIO Printers that will work with Intel-based Macs, Apple does have updated drivers included with the OS for them. You can check to see if your printer is included by checking the list here:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303057

Outside of that, you may want to contact Lexmark for assistance and they might be able to get you up and running.

Reaction score
UnaClocker, I too have a Lexmark X5100 and am having the same problem, I have tried to load the drivers myself but no joy. Have you had any luck finding a solution?

Reaction score
UnaClocker. Not sure if this helps but I have managed to get my printer working by using the install disks that came with the printer. After going through the install and messing around a bit as the install didn't seem to quite do the complete job I am now able to print.

I did email Lexmark and their suggestion was to start up the system in safe mode to install the printer, needles to say this didn't work.

Steve

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.