• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

ingdirect.com....anybody use it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
as title states, does anybody use ingdirect.com saving accounts? i was rather curious about them today for a lot of certain reasons....

anybody have any thougths feelings or know anything interesting about it that one should know?

thanks!
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Yes, I have had an account with them for about a year now. I like them and it's interest rate is better than putting money into a regular bank savings account.

Reaction score
i use them too. have for several years. like the interest rates, and the site seems to have very robust security. the only trouble i've ever had is the process through which you must go to link an account to an ING acct. (i.e. for transfers)

Reaction score
We put a substantial sum of money into an ING account rather than keep it in a "normal" savings account. The account is liquid but the interest rate is comparable with or even better than a lot of CDs you can invest in. The extra interest we earned compared to our bank's savings account rate was enough to pay for a couple of Macs if we'd wanted to.

ING is great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.