Hello

C

cmv045

Im new here and have a question:
I have Adobe acrobat 6.0 pro in 2 different files:
one which ends SIT and the other ends DMG.
I dont know how to open it, the zip extracts them but it says it cant read it as a text file.
The files are good and working.
The Mac thing is new to me, so I'll apreciate if you can help.
thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Maybe you can paste it in a text editor pico in the terminal. Finder>Applications>Utilities>Terminal. type pico (filename) and maybe you can paste the test file there and see it. Just a guess really, but worth a try I guess.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The file with the .sit extension is a compressed file, whereas the file with the .dmg extension is the image file you install from. You should be able to double click the .dmg file and it will mount a file system image on your desktop. In this image you should see Adobe acrobat 6.0 pro. I believe jst to install it, you drag and drop it to where you want it. After you finish just trash the mounted image to delete it.

normally when you download a file you a compressed file, the file unconpressed and the mounted file system image, so you can install right away. You can delete the .dmg and save the .sit file if you need to install again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.