On Screen Keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I just got a PowerMac G4, and it has all sorts of cool stuff on it. he problem is that it didn't come with a keyboard. I'm at school, and only have the PS/2 keyboard for my PC. I have one at home that I can get this weekend, and really don't want to have to go buy one just to use this week. I know this can be done in Windows, but is there any way to do it in Mac OS?

If I need to download a program, can you please link me straight to it. I don't have a keyboard to type it in with. ;)

Reaction score
KeyStrokes

KeyStrokes
Fully-functional virtual keyboard with multilingual word prediction and dwelling for people with disabilities. [Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X]

Do you have a mouse Jeff?

There are two versions for download depending on your OS

OP
Jeff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I do have a mouse. I just don't have a USB keyboard with me.

OP
Jeff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is exactly what I was looking for. I just needed something that was basically a trial. Thanks a million Pulse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
There is one built into OS X as well.
Go to: System Preferences->International->Input Menu
and then click on the "keyboard viewer".
That will bring up an on-screen keyboard that you can point-and-click on to type.
syspref.png

keyboard.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
wow, i just opened this thing up [typing on it now] and it is really annoying to type on it. good luck to you man.

OP
Jeff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can put up with the annoyance for four days. I just have to get a USB keyboard this weekend. I'm lovin my new G4's though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.