Traktor DJ on Macbook pro (pre-listening, soundcard issue)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK PRO: 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB mem, ATI Radeon X1600 256MB, 160GB HD.
Hi all,

I hope I can get some help this way, I am new to mac and these forums, apologies if this has been asked before, I didn't find what I was looking for in search. I was a longtime PC user.. but glad I decided to switch to mac!

Now you know my situation I'll get to the point.

So I bought a macbook pro, and purchased traktor DJ...

De (simple) problem I have is I don't know how to pre-listen tracks. Which makes it hard mixing. The problem probably is the fact I only have 1 output. (or atleast I think so) Since I'm newb with mac I'm not sure which soundcard I have inhere. I use it primarely for graphical work. Music is just my hobby.

-How can I solve my problem?
-Can I download or buy something to ake this happen via USB or something?

I would really appreciate it if somebody can help me out here...

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,
Dro0p

Reaction score
Depending on your model you would have the ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics card with either:

128Mb of SDRAM for the 15" 2.16Ghz,
256Mb of SDRAM for the 15" 2.33Ghz OR
256Mb of SDRAM for the 17" 2.33Mhz model

Regarding setting up your track monitoring, I would look to the guide that would have come with your purchase.

Here is the link for a Traktor forum.

Really, unless someone here specifically uses Traktor DJ and happens upon your thread, the best bet is to ask the people who use the software regularly.

OP
dr00per
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK PRO: 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB mem, ATI Radeon X1600 256MB, 160GB HD.
Depending on your model you would have the ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics card with either:

128Mb of SDRAM for the 15" 2.16Ghz,
256Mb of SDRAM for the 15" 2.33Ghz OR
256Mb of SDRAM for the 17" 2.33Mhz model

Regarding setting up your track monitoring, I would look to the guide that would have come with your purchase.

Here is the link for a Traktor forum.

Really, unless someone here specifically uses Traktor DJ and happens upon your thread, the best bet is to ask the people who use the software regularly.

Thanks for the reply..
I will check those forums, but indeed I was hoping t come a cross some users here or maybe learn a thing or 2 new...

Thanks.

Reaction score
If you're planning to use separate outputs for your main speakers and a monitor output (headphones), you're going to need a new sound card. None of the built-in sound cards on the iBook, PowerBook, MacBook or MacBook Pro systems are capable of producing two (or more) separate outputs.

Reaction score
I use an external audio interface, specifically M-Audio firewire 410 (which is a little old by now). Something like that gives you the ability to assign separate master and monitor outs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Macbook white
I use an M-Audio FastTrack Pro and that works prefectly with traktor on my macbook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.