New Lacie DVDRW With LightScribe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Just a heads up for anyone that is planning to purchase one of these from Apple. I've been pretty happy with Lacie in the past, but this thing is a piece of work. I wanted to add a 4th (yes 4th) DVD drive to my rig since most TV series DVD sets come with 4 discs. No problem, right? Wrong! This drive has had multiple issues and I have already swapped it once at Apple:

1) Reading DVDs properly.
2) Mucking up the FW 400 bus on my Quad and causing other FW drives/devices to stop working.
3) Interfacing with MTR and Handbrake (BIG issues for me).
4) CAUSING GSODS (doesn't happen when it's NOT on the FW 400 bus).

I even updated the Firmware to the latest found on the Lacie web site and it still is causing problems. It's time to get my money back from Apple. Seems that Lacie stopped using Pioneer drives and went to a new brand who's name I did not recognize.

If you just want a single DVD drive, this thing might be ok, but if you are adding to your capabilities, bypass this one.

That's my $0.2.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.